Grifo Self Balancing Multi-Stage Centrifugal Pump
The Grifo Self Balancing, multi-stage centrifugal pump units are suitable for pumping clear water at a maximum temperature of 40C. They represent a major advance in high lift multi-stage pump technology and are designed to meet the stringent demands of modern day mine dewatering methods. Grifo Engineering manufactures four different pump models for effective operation under varying conditions.
GSB 250 Operates at 1490 rpm, pumping to heads of 1 500 metres at a volumetric output of 240 litres per second.
The pump units are robustly constructed to withstand the harshest mining environments, and incorporate modern hydraulic design principles. Conventional balancing discs and the associated maintenance problems are completely excluded by fitment of opposing impellers on either side of the centre casing section which eliminate hydraulic thrust. Spun cast bronze impellers ensure mechanical and metallurgical integrity.
- Increased volumetric performance.
- Self balancing.
- Totally maintenance free throughout operational life.
- Non-friction, heavy duty, ball and roller bearings.
- High pressure, water lubricated centre bearing.
- No axial thrust and minimal harmonic vibration.
- Consistent performance during operational life.
- No spares holding required.
Materials of Construction
End covers and centre casing section Cast steel
Stage casing Cast steel
Shaft Forged steel
Impellers Pb1 to Bs1400 – Chilled spun cast
Diffuser and overflow Pb1 to Bs1400
Neck rings Pb2 to Bs1400
Shaft sleeve Chrome steel
Bearing drive end Roller (rating: 40 000 hours)
Bearing non-drive end Angular contact ball bearing (rating: 40 000 hours)
- Pump components can be supplied with ceramic or other coatings, preventing damage in locations where poor quality water is pumped.
- Costly intermediate pump stations are no longer necessary in the construction of new shaft systems.
- Refurbishment cost of GSB pump units is significantly reduced due to the minimal axial and radial thrust of the rotating element.
- Physical dimensions of the GSB pump unit are similar to existing pump units and only minor foundation and piping alterations are required for installation of the GSB unit.
- The units are maintenance free, thus pump stations can be fully automated, significantly reducing operational, maintenance and labour costs over the entire life of the mine.
Please contact Scamont Germiston for further information.